Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Black Beauty visits Moose Mtn."

Well it happened oh so suddenly; as most great momments do. Let me explain, I was up in the bedroom, changing for my annual Kurn Hattin business meeting ( deciding on which of my huge selection of dress pants to wear) & handling a real estate call , when I turned to go back to my closet when out the window I saw it just stepping out from the woods unto the lawn ( far corner back yard) between the well cap & the last bird house. Yes you have guessed it;  It was "Black Beauty" no not the horse but in fact an Unbelivable big black bear ! AS soon as I saw it he must have sensed "Big Woody" ; and who knows maybe the woodchucks have been a talkin as there has not been a woody sighting in 6 weeks on the Mtn. but back to the "Main Event" For whatever reason he decided to show off & show Big Woody that there would be no shooting of any kind ( camera or gun ). Big Woody yelled to Mrs Woody ( in school room) & she was able to enjoy the event as well!
A couple of things really stick out vividly from this incounter with " Black Beauty "
1) This bear was the most gorgeous shade of black that you can imagine black as black could be & its coat was shiny, almost alluminating.   and
2) This bear was taking no chances that Big Woody was in a foul mood ( obviously hasn't been keeping up with the blog - Woody trying to be nice )!  or maybe it thought that I was sitting with gun loaded & waiting in the wings!      But back to point #2 - This bear could run - he decided to book it & put on a show. He certainly did as he looked like he was shot from a canon!  Reminded me of the line from - Sugarlands  " Twice The Speed of Life " CD  you know the one about         'all you see is   arses & elbows' ( enough of the racy stuff Lillie might be reading this.   
Horse Racing has a saying " The fastest 2 min in sports  "  while " Black Beauty " certainly reflected that & then some. Well needless to say the heart was a pumpen & Mr & Mrs Woody were treated to something special on the Mtn.     

Closing Thoughts on "The Event"  Just like that day in Sept 1967 when Rico caught the little pop up & the Red Sox     won the pennant     I will remember Sept 22, 2010 when Black Beauty decided to put on a private show for Mr & Mrs Woody in the Thearter known as Moose Mtn.
Who knows what today will bring!
                                                              Ta Ta 4 now,
                                                                                     Big Woody
                                              

5 comments:

  1. hahaha hands down my favorite post to date. can't believe we all missed the event of the century! Not sure which it is--the sighting or dad in dress pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Dana! Definitely my favorite post so far! I cannot imagine how excited you must have been! Haha! Wish I could have seen not the bear but your reaction - haha! You are right though, I might not be able to let Lillie read this post - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has also been my favorite post to date too! What an amazing sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a riot!(Fanny)

    ReplyDelete